May 9, 2010

A Helping Hand

A couple days ago my good friend, Jessica Diedrich, asked if I would participate in a blog hop to raise money for the Nashville area Red Cross Relief Fund and I immediately said yes! 

The Nashville, TN area experienced some terrible flooding this past week and many families were greatly affected.  Jessica has a very touching video you can view on her blog here.

Today, some of my very favorite stampers and I are showing you cards made with images designed by Jen Shults, owner/illustrator of Wildflower Patch Kids digital Stamps, and Betty Roberts of Simply Betty, a new stamp line debuting June 1st.   This set is called "A Helping Hand".  The set will retail for $15 and 100% of the proceeds are being donated to the Nashville area Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Set will go on sale Monday at the Wildflower Patch Kids store.


I used the darling Country Girl Daisy for my card.  She was printed on PTI white and colored in with Copic Markers.  I cut her out with a Curved Rectangle Nestability and sponged some Ranger Distress inks in Antique Linen and Tea Dye before removing from the die.  I couldn't resist using some October Afternoon Farm Fresh dp for this card!  Some Machine stitching and ribbon and I called it done!

Now it's time to hop around and see what the other incredible women did with this set!

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

She's totally adorable, Jackie!

Jen Shults said...

Jackie this is fabulous! I love the papers you've combined together for this... that little bit of red gingham is just perfect!! Thank you so much for helping out with this worthy cause!! You are awesome! Hugs!!

Kathy Martin said...

Extremely cute card! Love the design and those fabulously colorful papers! :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Awesome, Jackie!

Laurie said...

She is so cute Jackie! I love her boots! What a fun card! The plaid scallop is so cute too! TFS!

Amy Sheffer said...

Positively adorable, Jackie! Love your coloring and sponging!

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet Jackie!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO adorable and that Oct. Afternoon DP couldn't be more perfect! Awww she's awesome,Jackie! Thank you SO, SO much for doing this-for giving your time and for helping w/ a cause that is so near and dear to me. I'm so grateful for your friendship girlie! xoxo

Amy Kolling said...

Jackie, I really love your choice of pattern papers here! What a great cause!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Jacks! GORGEOUS coloring and I LOVE the layout and papers you used!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute Jackie!!

Anonymous said...

I so have to get this set, not only a great cause but just cause it is sooo cute! Love the card too GF!