July 22, 2011

You're Amazing! {VLVJuly2011}


Hi everyone and happy Friday!!   With a new Friday comes a new Viva la Verve sketch over the Verve Forums.  Laurie is our hostess this week and she has a beautiful sketch for everyone to play with!  I took a few liberties with the sketch, mainly because I had already glued down my main panel, AND I went in a different direction than I normally do.....Shabby.

I cut two hearts from Fossil cardstock using the Jotted Heart Die.  I sponged the edges of each with some Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  I have been loving all of the crimped embellishments I've been seeing around lately and dug out my paper crimper, crimping both the hearts.  (So glad I decided to hang onto the paper crimper!)  The rose patterned paper was cut with Labels Three Nestabilities, the edges were sponged with the same distress inks and then were machine stitched.  The red polka dot and Vintage Cream layers were distressed with a distressing tool and then sponged with distress inks.  Some wonky stitching finishes the bottom panel. 


The sentiment was cut out with a Tiny Tag die from PTI.  I stamped the sentiment, from the new Small Phrases set, in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, sponged the edges and finished it off with some Kraft colored twine.  Some beautiful seam binding, a couple heart stick pins and adhesive flourishes finish the card.  All of the patterned papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Odds and Ends Mini Deck.


To see some more amazing samples and find out all of the Viva la Verve details just click here.

I hope you have a fantastic day!  Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous girl!!! Love those papers and how you've distressed them! I just got the heart die! Love it!

Lorie Hethorn said...

Beautiful card! Great colors and papers. Love the distressed hearts.

www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! Love these colors together and crimped hearts are fabulous!!

Bribrie said...

Je la trouve super belle cette carte. Bravoooo

Jen Shults said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Jackie. I love that red paper with the crazy stitching and those gorgeous hearts... wonderful card!

Wanda Cullen said...

I love every little detail on this fabulous card!! Had to add a crimped heart to my VLV card, too...thanks to your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!! :-)

Mara A. said...

Gorgeous, as always! Love the sketch and what you've done with it. Shabby looks good on you!

Gabby said...

Super good-looking, shabby card! Nice choice of papers ... CC ... ahhhhh. I like the crimped, distressed hearts, the bling, the heart stick pins, the bow, the striped tag ... just everything! :)

Laurie said...

seriously, Jackie, if you don't stop making such great samples, i'm going to go bankrupt or my hubby is going to put me in the dog house! :P I appreciate your use of designer papers & beautiful embellishments that won't stop your cards from being sent thru the mail.

Becky Carafa said...

Oh gosh, I haven't crimped in YEARS, lol! Those hearts look awesome, beautiful card!

Angel said...

Darling card! Love the details! Where ya been?! U know I stalk your blog, right?!! :)

Joan B said...

more gorgeous items! your work is fantastic

Steffie said...

Hi!

I scraplifted your card!
http://steffieshexenhaus.blogspot.com/2011/08/karte-du-bist-der-star-des-tages.html
Thank you for this cute ideas!

Best wishes from Germany!
Steffie