August 26, 2011

Belated Happy Birthday {TCPTues173}


Hi there!  August is a pretty busy month for birthdays in our family!  My Father-in-law reluctantly celebrates on the 5th, my youngest celebrates on the 11th, we have several cousins with August birthdays and the two who wrap it up are my hubby and myself.  I turned 44, yes 44, yesterday and my hubby turned 51 (hard to beleive) the day before that!  With school just starting and me trying to organize my now free time, I never sat down to make Frank a birthday card.  He reminded me that I was a card maker and that he was expecting a birthday card.  Well.......I started it the day before his birthday and just now finished it today!  LOL!  He won't mind!  In fact, I think he'll appreciate that I sat down to make HIM something!

Anywho,  I used his card to make my card for this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge.  Tori is our resident COLOR Hostess with the Mostess and she gave us some fun fallish colors to work with this week:

I chose to use Bear Hugs for his card.  The bear was colored with Copics, cut out and popped up on foam tape.  The sentiment is from Simply Said.  The Cut Ups I used are Big Scallop, Pennants, Sunflower Rosette (the large heart) and Home Tweet Home (the small orange heart).  Some Divine Twine, Adhesive Gems and machine stitching finish the card!




Did you know you could win Cat's Cash from The Cat's Pajamas just for playing along?  You can find all of the details here!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Your August sounds like our September :) Love this adorable card. The heart banner is fabulous and I'm sure Frank will be grinning from ear to ear when he gets it. Belated Happy Birthday to you (((hugs)))!!!

Renee said...

Awww this is so sweet! I love him!

Allison said...

This is adorable! Love the banner and your colouring is amazing!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous card and perfect use of the colors!! Love that bear!!

Dawn Easton said...

Happy belated birthday to you! Sorry I missed it! Ack!

This is a totally sweet card that you made your husband! Adorable!

Becky Carafa said...

Love the hearts on the banners!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Stunning. I love how simple this card is. Simple-y beautiful.

Alma de la Rosa said...

Ahhh! The cornflower blue with that orange flower is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Oh shit...Yes, I said that!! This is too cute!