February 18, 2013

MFT February Creative Challenge

Hi there and welcome to the February Creative Challenge from My Favorite Things!  This month the design team was challenged to make a clean and simple card or project.  This was quite a challenge but I mustered through!  LOL

Head on over to the MFT blog for a link to each participating designer.

I have two cards to show you today so I'll get right to it.

The first card uses the following stamp sets Say What Sentiments and LLD Journal It - Graph Paper Notes and the Die-namics Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose and Large Leaf-Filled Flourish.  Cardstock is Sweet Tooth, Bubblegum, and Gumdrop Green.  I stamped the Graph Paper in Versamark ink onto the rose before assembling.  It's subtle but adds some interest.  "Hi" was stamped in Black Licorice ink (please ignore the smudge :)


Here's a close up of the beautiful rose.



Here's the finished inside.  The sentiment is from Say What.



For the second card I used Lovey-Dovey Sentiments and LJD Hearts and Stitches.  I stamped the sentiment first in Razzle Berry ink and then a second time in Sno Cone ink.  It was fussy cut out and popped up for dimension on an Oval STAX set 1 and and Oval STAX set 2.  I cut just "my world" from the Sno Cone sentiment and popped it up for dimension.  I cut a Fishtail Flags STAX from Sweet Tooth cardstock and stamped the hearts from LJD Hearts and Stitches in Sno Cone ink.  I matted it on a Fishtail Flags Layers STAX cut from Razzle Berry ink.  The card base is Sno Cone cardstock.


Here's a look at the finished inside:





Products used on "Hi"



Products used on "You Rock"


10 comments:

Sarah Gough said...

ohhh, love the grid in green Jackie!

Marisa said...

That flower is STUNNING and I'm loving the green :) I'm debating about getting it as it is quite large - small one is in my basket :) Great card showcasing it. Lovely work on the other cards too.

Tracey said...

Loving these! The flower on the first is gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Jackie, these are fabulous! I am IN LOVE with that first card! Love that large flower!!!

wendy said...

love these cards Jackie!

Stacy said...

Gorgeous cards!

Christina Fischer said...

LOVE!!! These are beautiful, Sistah! :)

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful cards. Love that rose.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are fabulous, I love them!!!

Gisela said...

Beautiful card Jackie. Love the grid, colors and the flower.