August 6, 2014

MFT August Release Countdown: 6!

Hi there and welcome back to the August Release Countdown from My Favorite Things! We have some fun new things to share with you today so make sure you head on over to the MFT Blog for all of today's details.

My card today uses the new Geek is Chic Stamp Set along with the coordinating Geek is Chic Die-namics. I've also used the Cheesecloth Background and Writing Tablet Background. The colors I used are Wild Cherry, Kraft, Black Licorice, and Sweet Tooth.

Here's my card.. I cut each pair of glasses four times from Wild Cherry, Kraft, and Black Licorice card stocks. I adhered them all together and then applied a thick coat of Crystal Effects to each to make them shiny like a real pair of glasses would be. Each circle was cut with the Stitched Circle STAX and stamped with a one of the background stamps I listed above.

You will find a complete list of all the products I used on my card at the bottom of this post.


Detail shot of the glasses! Aren't they so fun?


The finished inside:



Only Six More Days Until the August Release!


Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my card.




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

16 comments:

Penny said...

Oh gosh, love those shiny glasses!

Debbie Nelson said...

LOVE IT! They really do look like real glasses!

Taasha Blevins said...

Love those shiny glasses, looks like real frames.

Unknown said...

I love how your glasses look like they could just jump off the page. Great cards!

Anonymous said...

Shut up!!! You are so brilliant!

Tracey said...

Loving the circles Jackie! THis is fantastic!!

Detra said...

Love the glazed glasses!!!! too cute...

Kendra Hernandez said...

Omg Jackie, I love what you did...very clever my friend ;)

Katie Skiff said...

In love!!! These are uber amazing, the crystal effects rocked it.

The Whitworth Family said...

This is the cutest card EVER! Love this new set. Your detail is simply amazing!

Kathy Krug said...

Great layout and love all the dimension you added to the glasses with the layers and crystal effects.

Parker said...

Those 'beefed up' spectacles are looking great. Good job.

Carolee McCaslin said...

So CUTE and the glasses look so real!!

Judy said...

Your card is awesome. I love how your glasses just pop off the card, great job. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Sarah said...

Those glasses are GORG!!! I mean seriously, I'm sold!
God's blessings,
Sarah :)

Unknown said...

WOW! This is spectacular!!!